Thorium Nova

Hey everyone,

I’m the developer of Thorium, a little-known bridge simulator that’s primarily used for school field trips out in Utah. I think the time has come for something different though. I call it Thorium Nova.

It will be centered around the 3D star map and an internal ship map, and will have a focus on narrative rather than just action. Instead of just simulating what’s going on outside of your ship, the crew that live on your ship will affect how ships systems operate. It will also feature prominent Flight Director (game master) controls to facilitate more engaged storytelling.

If you are at all interested in what’s coming for Thorium Nova and want to learn more, follow this link and sign up for the newsletter. The number of newsletter signups will help me know how many people are interested in the project, so share it with your friends.

https://nova.thoriumsim.com/

If you sign up for the newsletter, you’ll get access to special Thorium Nova channels in Discord to discuss development progress, along with other exclusive material provided only to newsletter subscribers.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

I’m really excited for what’s coming, and I hope you are too!

Comments

• Cool. I have never done anything with Thorium, although if the opportunity were to arise, I would indulge.

It is still cool to see more bridge simulators, it is yet a very under-realized genre.

And, don't be ashamed to try to make money off of your work. It may reduce your audience, and have other effects, but if it is what you think is best, then go for it.