[Sigma Tau] Dev Log 02
I have taken a break of a couple weeks, filled with a vacation and my other projects.
The networking structure I have built is proving to be fantastic. (I guess I hope it is, the first code was made 2 years ago… and it is very different now than then.) The way the networking is handled now, it is trivial to make a port with any value I want to sync (exist on the server and on terminals).
It is time to put some effort into actually being able to do things in the world.
In developing the world, I need to be able to see it, and make changes to it. I already have a radar for viewing the world. I implemented a simple spawnerport and ui so I can spawn entities ships from the terminals for ensuring things are working. Implementing this was a breeze--proving the effectiveness of the networking structure. Interestingly it exposed some problem with the http/websocket library I was using (or how I was using it), which I was planning to replace at some point anyway, with a much lighter weight library, so I spent some time doing that.
Currently the work will continue making objects move and interact correctly, after some of that, I will make the player ships thrusters work.