Empty Epsilon scenario "Escape" question (spoilers)

I have a question about the scenario "Escape" packaged with the latest version of Empty Epsilon. (It may have been in one or two versions before that; I don't know, having skipped everything between 2018.2.15 and 2019.05.21.) We've managed to find all the repair parts, transfer to the ship with the repairable jump drive, and get our ship operational enough to jump out. The problem is finding a Human Navy station. Kraylor space is surrounded by Independent stations, and it changes your IFF when you transport to the Independent freighter so that they're all visible and green - and thus indistinguishable from the Human Navy. We've done a thorough search spamming probes everywhere, but all we get is sporadic threats to come get us for stealing the ship (that never result in pursuit) and never find any sign of what we're supposed to be looking for, though we did discover we could contact the fighter we started in and have it come assist us, and the Kraylor do nothing to stop it from leaving the junk yard and cruising right over the 100 units we jumped getting away from them. :P Are we doing something wrong? We picked a random green station to jump towards because getting away was an emergency, so if that breaks something I'm very confused.

Comments

• ***** Definite Spoiler Alert *****
    If you want to solve this scenario without any clues, do not read any further. You have to get your IFF switched back to Human Navy before you can complete the mission. Assuming you rescued the repair crew from the detention base, they have suggestions for places to go to get the rest of your ship systems repaired. Suggestions appear via relay ship log. One of those repair places sets the IFF back to Human Navy. After that, you can find Human Navy bases. Dock at one and you will have completed your mission.
    ***** End of spoiler *****

My apologies for not noticing this post earlier. I have not been out on this forum in a while. I welcome suggestions if the solution to this mission was too difficult to find with the clues given while playing the scenario
  • Ah. They say that we should find a button to transport them in the Weapons station, but the Weapons station has no such button. That's probably the issue.