New scenario "Serenity"

Hey there,

ive been working on this scenario since two or three years now (with very big breaks).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qk1rcuhfx0b6rbr/AABTUkJc07Ip2PobFgUHXxnAa?dl=0

The scenario has many different quests to discover. It seperates in 3 acts:
Act I is quite short and itroduces into the story. In act II you can discover the space and do 13 different quests to gain Reputation. At act III you have to make a final descision at which side you wanna fight.

I posted an early version of this scenario a while ago (i guess about 2 years ago).
Now i fixed most of the bugs and tested the scenario with a friend.
Im not 100% sure that everything works fine, but most of the script should work now. (tested on the latest version 2018.11.16)

My english isnt the best (im from Germany) and im just coding EE for fun with no experiance, so you may find my scenario and the script a bit clunky.

Feel free to test the scenario and give feedback.

Dyrian

Comments

• Hi, I would like to try your scenario : scenario_00_serenity_real.lua It is compatible with last version?
    Why do you propose 3 several files already existing? (factionindo, shiptemplates...
    Thanks
  • I am not the author, but while some scripting function might be added by new versions, it is unlikely that some get removed. Also, 2018.11.16 is not that far away from the current version anyways.

The folder "scripts" contains several kinds of files:
    - scenario scripts, beginning with "scenario"
    - utility scripts that might be loaded by scenario scripts
    - tutorials, beginning with "tutorial"
    - world files basic files that contain general information that is used by every script. The names of the files usually speaking, e.G. "factioninfo" is exactly this. So, if the scenario uses different or additional information of the world, like new ships, models, factions, database entries etc., those files have to be replaced or placed in a mod-folder, that have then to be selected in options.ini

So you could say, this is not only a scenario, but also a mini-mod
  • To add to Blue Shadow's comment: you will want all the clients as well as the server to have the files
  • Thanks again to both of you for all these clarifications
  • Hey there,
    i didnt checked the forum for many month.
    Did anyone have the opportunity to test the scenario?
    If so, did it work for you and your crew?
    Some feedback would be nice.
    Have a nice day,
    Dyrian
  • Not yet, Dyrian. I will provide feedback once I've tried it out. I'm interested in reading feedback on the scenario, too
  • Hello Dyrian,

I started to test (and translate into French) this scenario in Variation mode: None. It starts in a very interesting way but unfortunately from the start I am blocked in history. I tried several times and there were several different situations where I still find myself blocked. Could I tell you my feedback?

• ***** SPOILER ALERT *****

I tried with different versions of the game in 2019 and 2020:

1. The 1st thing is that when the alert is given and we have to evacuate, selecting the red alert button does nothing except make it appear message. There are no evacuation ships or transfer buttons appearing. And I explode.

2. If from the start I boost the engines and I arrive quickly on the meteorite zone and/or (I'm not sure) if I fire on Graig's ship, Graig's ship does not destroy me and goes away. Then I have nothing to do. I go back to the money's capsule and I can take it, but there is nothing else I can do.

***** SPOILER ALERT *****

• ***** SPOILER ALERT *****

Modification on 1.: Now the ship appears (I don't know why) but when I contact it, the communication gauge turns in a loop.

And in case the little escape ship exploded but the base ship survived and Graig left, I went to dock with station Portfree but the Station PortFree ask me to dock with us while this is already the case.

***** SPOILER ALERT *****

• edited November 2020

Hello Dyrian, Are you here?