Kilted-Klingon's Leadership Lab Events

2»

Comments

• Main Event 009, 6 Feb 2020:

• Event Location/Venue:
      • Team-builder for our Orlando office and introducing new players to the game
    • Software: Empty Epsilon, ver 2020.01.15
    • Bridge Crews: 2 (12 people)
    • Scenarios:
      • "Earn Your Wings" (ver 1.3) (see previous description)
      • "Rescue Us!" (ver 1.2)
        • 400 personnel to evacuate, 60 min time limit
        • The major update to this version is that the targeted station that needs to be evacuated is in orbit around the star that is going to go nova, and that star is itself in orbit around a black hole.  This presents an additional level of challenge in that the station in danger is constantly changing location and creates more stress in the scenario. 
    • Set Up Notables:
      • Nothing notable about this setup.  Company LAN with local server instance. 
    • Execution Notables:
      • We were asked to keep the entire event to under 2 hours (!), and thus had to conduct the console intro brief very quickly, which felt rushed.  To help, we ran the EYW scenario for only 15 mins, just to give them enough time to get a rough feel for how to work the controls, then pressed onto the next scenario. 
    • Summary Notes: 
      • The event went very well, much pizza was consumed, and all had a great time.  Crews worked well together and got all but 10 of the personnel off the station prior to the star going nova. 
      • Because of time constraints, After Action Reviews were not conducted. 
  • Wow, the "Rescue us" scenario must be very immersive. It makes you want with the Nova star, Satellite station ... 👍️

• edited February 2020
    ha, I've actually coded it so when the star goes nova, it spews a variable number of nebulae (typically set to 250) out in random directions and speeds from star so that it does rather look like a super nova! It's fun to watch explode. 8-) Entities caught in the blast wave to a certain distance are also destroyed.
  • 250 nebulae? Damn, doesn't that effect performance too much?

• actually seems to handle it ok. That's the end of the scenario anyway so it's ok if it slows down a bit. I've tried it with as many as 500, and it definitely starts to choke then. ;]
  • Is it possible to preview it? Via a script or a video?

• Hey! Sorry for delay. Work is being demanding. I'm glad to put a vid together and make script available after I clean it up. Will get the vid together in a day or two-ish and post. Tks for patience!
  • No problem. We're all there.

There is no urgency. Thank you

• Ugh. Sorry this took so long, but here's a link to a short video overview of the 'Rescue Us!' scenario with the super nova explosion.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zkw7KmjdBzrjEJ6_TnSb0-saI1G8sIN1/view?usp=sharing

• No problem. I have little time now too. Thank you so much K-Klingon. I will look at it. :-)

I can't wait to try the scenario. Is it playable for a single ship?

• hello, I'm digging up this topic to find out if this scenario is still available?

By its originality and its immersive side, I am very interested to see and test it.