Engineering Power Levels

After running games as Captain this weekend at CALS Con, I remembered there's no way to give percentages to the Engineer to have them turn up/down power. While a good engineer would handle this himself/herself, new engineers need some help.
Usually when I captain with a new engineer, I have them turn up certain systems to help out with destroying enemies and power conservation. Sometimes it's not really needed, but, it does give them something to do. There's currently no way for an engineer to know to turn power to 150%. Granted, I am used to the Artemis way of giving orders to engineering for this.

I recommend that there are percentage indicators for 25% intervals; from 25% to Max. Or at least a way to see what is currently set to so the engineer knows what to report and adjust.

Comments

• 25% intervals is a bit much, but 50% intervals seems to work quite well.
  • daid said:

25% intervals is a bit much, but 50% intervals seems to work quite well.

As long as it's something. I typically use 25%, but that can be figured out if there's some sort of markers.
  • Only issue I see is for new players: where is 100%?
  • Point where it started?
  • I know where it is, but newer players might not remember and guess incorrectly especially when orders are coming in quickly.