EmptyEpsilon Mission Generator
I'm working on a random mission generator for EmptyEpsilon. Right now my main task is to isolate snippets of code from my previous missions, to provide "building bricks" for the mission generator. Here is how I envision the differents bricks :
- A main mission (sector under attack, convoy escort, ...) that is pretty much the "story"
- Events/Side missions (transport ship tailed by pirates, resolve dispute, ...). They are randomly generated and provide random perks (reputation, energy, system upgrade, ...).
- Common functions (terrain generation, randomization)
Where I'm not sure where I'm heading is on my approach to implement it correctly : even if the LUA script capacities are very good for mission randomization, I would prefer rather have an external program to do the heavy lifting (assembling code snippets) in order not to have a monster single LUA scenario.
I started to do both a script generator and its very simple GUI, and I plan it to be available for Linux and Windows later. I don't know when I will release a first version, my objective is to be able to generate a single type of "main mission" with a few events.
What are your thoughts on this ?
- Are you interested by such a tool ?
- What would be better in you opinion : a program generating scripts or a all-in-one script ? (I'm more biaised towards the former)
A sneak peek of the GUI : http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/553078Capturedu20151208103258.png