Creating new SpaceObjects from C++ code

I'm trying to reach Daid or Nallath and as far as I can tell this is the best place to do so. I don't know, maybe someone else has dug far enough into the EmptyEpsilon source to help me.

I'm making a few scenarios to try with my friends. In one of these scenarios, I need a missile which flies a certain distance and then creates a black hole. As far as I can tell this is not possible from the lua scripting interface, so I had to modify the code a little bit. I succeeded in creating a custom missile class. However, when the missile creates a black hole with " new BlackHole();", I see some very strange behavior due to the black hole object being a child of the missile. Specifically, the black hole begins to jump around the map when the ship that launched the missile is destroyed.

Does anyone know the proper way to create new objects from random classes in EmptyEpsilon?

Thanks.

Comments

• new BlackHole() should be fine.

Most likely you are corrupting memory somewhere then, as EE has no concept of child objects. I cannot tel for sure without seeing your modifications.