French version, where the frack ?

ok, so i started to test EE, at last. I can"t wait to assemble a ship at start a playtest with my kids.

But they don't speak english (and many other adult don't feel confortable, as you can imagine) so i would like to switch to french.

I found the Fr.po in the locale repertory, but could find how to active it....

Comments

• In options.ini set language to "fr".

Note that the translations are partial, especially scenarios are not all translated.

• thanks Daid.

I will try to contribute, using the PO file.

• Hello Logan23,

I translated several scripts and sounds but for the EE version of February 2020. If you want I can send them to you if you want to update on the fr.po or just play on the old version in French.

• edited November 20

Thanks muerte it will be welcome. !

Asfar as i undertand:

1/ The last version from 2020-80 is translate, but only the GUI/tutorial

2/ You've translated the sound (that i have to include in the rights folders ?)

3/ Regarding scripts, i saw the thread, but i'm not sure about how to translate and how t keep it up to date.

Edit : i saw they have a .po file, but there is a lot of code in the .lua, so it's not easy to grab the text. The other problem i, of course, when that .lua will be changed.

• 1 / Yes but not the accents for the moment

2 / Yes you just need to copy / paste overwrite in right folders

3 / Me neither ^^ Look at the other recent posts, Daid gives me an explanation

Leave me an email and I'll forward this to you.

I translated several scenario missions as well as the basic scenarios, the communication files, the faction database. I haven't translated the interface but it's not the most annoying to play. I translated the sounds of the Deliver Ambassador scenario and started another one and the self-destruct.

I am glad that this work serves and is not completely lost

• thanks for the feedback.

Mp send. Will wait for your files

• Hi,

In fact I sent you an email to your address ... gmail.com on Nov 21 at 6 p.m.

In the meantime I'm trying to figure out how to use Github to help with translation.

I modified the fr.po yesterday to remove all accents, modify translation errors, make sure not to overflow the text in the boxes etc. firstly concerning the interface.

• Sorry, i couldn't find anything, even in my spambox. Can you try it again or MP me ?

• Can you verify before that the email address you gave me is correct?