Determine consoles used in script (operations vs science; engineering vs power management, etc.)

Hi,

When scripting a mission, I would like to present the science officer with a message or a button. However, if the players choose to use the operations console instead of the science console, the script would need to know if the players are using the science console or the operations console. Is there an existing function for that (I did not see one)? If not, can someone suggest a clever way to put the message or the button on the correct console?

Thanks

Comments

• There is currently no way to detect this. You could put the message on both screens as a workaround.
  • edited June 2018
    How can I add a custom button to the Damage Control console/screen? I got it to work for Engineering+ by using "Engineering+" and Operations by using "Operations"

I've tried "Damage Control" and "DamageControl"

I could try a couple of other permutations, but figured I'd just ask :-)

btw, I was able to send the message and the button to both the science and the operations consoles, but I had to use a different value in the two strings. Thanks for the suggestion
  • Could be quite well that custom buttons don't work on those screens.
  • With testing, they only work on the main 5. I was trying to get it to work on the damage control (for a lot of reasons it would be awesome).
  • Just looked into this,

engineering+ uses engineering buttons.
    operations uses science buttons.

Other extra stations don't show anything. This commit fixes that:
    https://github.com/daid/EmptyEpsilon/commit/3646a96efb32b974e0e9c4bf5ea73911cb37cfa9
    Should work for all stations now.

Also, there is the "hasPlayerAtPosition" function on a player spaceship to see if a player is connected to a screen. Totally forgot about it, was introduced with the ability to transfer players to other ships from a script.
  • Thank you that's awesome sauce.