My Bridge Progress

edited October 2015 in Bridge Construction
Here is some of the progress of my Bridge at home. It's in a 12'x20' building. Yes, the ceilings are low. It's in the upstairs part of the building. Below is the Arcade.
I've used/reused what materials I have on hand to build this so far. It's no where near being finished. Still need to insulate as well as get a AC & Heater unit for it.

Last night I setup the PCs and have them up and running.

Weapons Console

Helms Console

Science, Comms/Relay, and TBD console

Engineering

From the rear

From the front

Red Alert!

Comments

• The low ceiling is perfect for spaceship look :D

Paint everything white, except for the "ribs", paint those grey, and I think you will have a perfect looking spaceship look.
  • edited May 2016
    Building 6 of these for the Mini Maker Faire in North Little Rock, Arkansas this coming weekend (May 7, 2016). After this weekend they will be used for conventions and for my Bridge.

Here is a work in progress of the prototype that I worked on this weekend. Aluminum work was done by a friend.
  • edited May 2016
    Prototype WIP picture #2

The Monitor is just sitting in there in this picture. It will be mounted on the finished version.

I think the next version will use some 1"x1" and some plywood or particle board, as this one's fairly heavy.
  • Post prototype stage. 2 boxes about 60% complete.

Hoping to have these done by Saturday, and maybe 2 others. Gonna be close.
  • Very nice
  • edited May 2016
    As of last night, 4 post-prototypes fabricated in total. Currently just past the stage of the case on right of the last picture.
    Last day before the before the Mini Maker Faire. Need to mount the monitors & the back, put on the corner protectors and temporarily cover the holes on the front.
    Didn't get to take pictures as I had to hurry home.
  • I'd like to an awesome joystick setup, I wish I had more time.
  • edited May 2016
    Picture of 2 cases at the Mini Maker Faire before the opening.

They are about 80% complete. Still need to add LED Lighting, USB, ethernet & power plugs to the cases. Currently they are playable.

Backside, during game play. Backs left off intentionally.

• Nice looking.

How busy was it? Doesn't look that busy there on the 2nd picture...
  • edited May 2016
    I'll upload more pictures tonight. It was constant flow of people in & out. As soon as one game was done another started with a full crew. Mostly kids, but, that was to be expected. We could barely work on the network issue we had without kids jumping on the computers.
    Did get several people to go to the EE website as I created a sign with a QR Code and the website. Hopefully a good percentage of them downloaded the game.