[GAME] EmptyEpsilon

Comments

• Hi
    (i'm KliVer but could not login whit it)

I've juste bought a Asus VT207N à 19.5" touchscreen display and it works very well !!
    Thinking (with oldar) to buy à bunch of those to have à fully touchscreen setup :smiley:
    on some menus (loading missiles in tubes, selecting à waypoint/probe, changing post in the ship,...) I still have to double tap on the buttons (I have enable touchscreen in the option.ini)

and I'm still having troubles with my Asus T100 tablette, is there à way to enable crash logs ? I juste launch the game and touch nothing, the game crashes, even on the start menu.
  • Crashlogs are enabled on the windows build, they should generate a file next to the exe
  • the crash dosn't generate anything in the log :(
  • @Lammday, The Crashlog file name should be called EmptyEpsilon.RPT.
  • It's crashing in the audio system from SFML. Not sure why. Can you see if you have a "openal32.dll" somewhere installed in Windows?
  • edited April 2016
    the only openal32.dll that i have is in my EE folder.
    I've installed a new version of it, i'll try it.

EDIT : nope, still having the problem :(
    so I reinstalled my audio driver (realtek) reinstalled the openal, pray a few gods, and still having the crash :'(
  • Thanks for the latest release, I am looking forward to the next time I can get a game going and Relay lets shoots a probe off ahead :) Also the multi-tube thing is pretty cool, I tried aiming backwards and saw those two separate tracks bending back around the ship.

Seems that science can't scan in Probe View on the new release though, have raised a bug.

Will also raise a suggestion around giving weapons the ability to stop firing Beam Weapons, I was initially thinking a "Deselect Target" button but maybe a button that changes states between Cease Fire and Resume Fire would be better. I can see some cool moments emerging (especially in PvP) if weapons has the option to target a ship (or even better, a subsystem!) but hold off on firing until the time is right.
  • edited May 2016
    Incoming transmission from the HNS Collins : Get ready to give up the funk !

Introducing Dance Dance Epsilon (or Empty Empty Revolution ^^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZQT5b0qBU

(sorry for the crappy phone video)

Got my old DDR pads out, and wondered if they worked in EmptyEpsilon. This may be the perfect mod for the grooviest helmsman ever ! :)
  • made my day
  • I noticed the fighters do not get strafe movement, ie the combat maneuver. I adjust my two fighters ( nova star bomber and mercenary ) to have it.
    What is your take on that Daid? I'm curious as nimble star fighters in my opinion should move like that, or at least with more accuarcy than bigger ships. My biggest ship has all combat maneuvers, but a low level of it.
  • What is your take on that Daid?
    It's something I wanted to try it, as the fighters are already quite nimble I wasn't sure if strafing would add on those. And the single pilot UI lacks the controls for it I think...
  • Yeah, no joystick hampers that, at least for me. I hope joysticks get added to single player soon. When you have time of course.
  • Flea11 said:

Yeah, no joystick hampers that, at least for me. I hope joysticks get added to single player soon.

Would adding Lines 55-92 of src/screens/crew6/helmsScreen.cpp be added to src/screens/crew1/singlePilotScreen.cpp at line 56 give SinglePilot access to the joystick?
    I'm not where I can test it right now.

• Is there a limit on number of music tracks? Sometimes I add a song and it crashes the game in the options menu.?
  • There should be no limits. But oddly enough, all the latest crash reports that I got are related to music playback... but I cannot find that I do anything wrong in that code.
  • I'm making good progress with the new ship classes.

I bought a few extra ship models as well, and wrote a bunch of extra ship templates. The work isn't done yet, but I think I have replacements for the old templates now.

See this list:
    Player Cruiser -> Atlantis
    Player Missile Cr. -> Piranha
    Player Fighter -> MP52 Hornet
    Tug -> Flavia
    Fighter -> MT52 Hornet / MU52 Hornet
    Cruiser -> Nirvana R5 / Piranha F12 / Phobos T3 (Any of the frigates really. The old Cruiser was just used too often and should be replaced with specifics for more interesting encounters)
    Missile Cruiser -> Piranha F12
    Adv. Gunship -> Phobos T3
    Strikeship -> Stalker Q7
    Adv. Striker -> Stalker R7
    Dreadnought -> Atlantis X23
    Battlestation -> Why where you using this? It did not work very well. Any of the Dreadnaught class ships should serve as a replacement. Or some of the Corvettes.
    Weapons platform -> Defense platform
    Blockade Runner -> ?
    Transport1x? -> Flavia / Personel Freighter [1-5]
    Transport2x? -> Flavia / Goods Freighter [1-5]
    Transport3x? -> Flavia / Garbage Freighter [1-5]
    Transport4x? -> Flavia / Equipment Freighter [1-5]
    Transport5x? -> Flavia / Fuel Freighter [1-5]

It will help scenario writers as well, as I will remove the old ship templates at some point, at which point your scenario will break.

You can also see that I gave each ship type a real name, instead of a class name. Should makes science job a bit more interesting, as you might need to look up things in the database to be sure.

The AI might still have some issues with using certain ships, especially the Piranha.
  • edited May 2016
    The names listed look good. Looking at the last set of templates, should I put all my custom ships in the file with the player ships correct?

Also. Do you have the enemy ships on a percentage to fire missile? As it seems most ships fire all missiles ASAP (with the exception of nukes,). Especially after I give them missiles via GM screen.

My current tanker I bought I haven't had time to create the UV image for it, my blender skills are still lacking..
  • The AI fires as soon as it has a firing solution. But with multiple tubes, they delay the firing on the next tube a bit.

(It does depend a bit on which AI. The fighter AI will get in closer before firing)
  • You could put your custom ones anywhere you want. I would put them in a new file, and modify the main shipTemplates file to also use that one.
  • The new ship names aren't very informative without (new) users just playing with each one. How is a player to know that a MP52 Hornet is a fighter, and Atlantis is a cruiser, and such?
    Some of this could be solved in documentation, but for someone just jumping in, there's not much details.
  • edited May 2016
    Maybe adding the class to science infos, splitting the "Type" in "Class" and "Model" ?
    Also add the "Class" to Relay ?
  • edited May 2016
    What I was referring to was when you spawn a ship after the scenario was selected. Currently there's just "Atlantis", "M52 Hornet", etc. For a newbie playing the game, they won't know what it is until they've played it, or seen it in the Database screen.
    Maybe have a Class/Type selector, then a Name to help people make a better choice? Of course that won't be perfect as they will need to know what the difference between a cruiser & a corvette, etc.
  • daid said:

You could put your custom ones anywhere you want. I would put them in a new file, and modify the main shipTemplates file to also use that one.

Awesome. Thanks.

• Just pushed this:
    https://github.com/daid/EmptyEpsilon/commit/a0896c65e668ddb93386c86f7da85d984dbf69bc

It adds the script function "transferPlayersToShip" to player ships, this can be used to transfer all the players attached to 1 player ship to a different ship. Meaning that scenarios can put you in different ships inside of the same scenario, without the players need to do anything in the ship selection screen.
  • edited May 2016
    I came up with these errors, didn't you mention getting rid of size class or?

"[WARN] Depricated function addEngineEmitor called. Use addEngineEmitter instead.
    [INFO] Load script: shipTemplates.lua
    [ERROR] LUA: require: [string "shipTemplates_OLD.lua"]:668: attempt to call a nil value (method 'setSizeClass')
    [ERROR] LUA: run: require:[string "shipTemplates_OLD.lua"]:668: attempt to call a nil value (method 'setSizeClass')"

edit
    as obviously, if i note the template size the game loads (doesn't crash at startup) but I can't dock my fighters:(
  • Yes, I did, I think your data files are outdated with your executable/source. As I've also replaced all use of "addEngineEmitor" to "addEngineEmitter"

We've done a play test yesterday with the new ships, and it does need a few more tweaks, the players where killed way to easy.
  • Awesome, I think i updated my custom ships to have everything the newer ships have, but I will make changes in the model file as well.

Thank you. That Hornet fighter is fun!