I've been considering making my own Bridge Sim for a while.
The plan is to make a game for Raspberry Pis. It will be fairly basic; at least at the beginning. Probably be only a single ship VS the computer. Later there might be multiple ship support. This will probably not the simulator I will be running at most of the events Conventions. This will be something I use to show off Raspberry Pi.
Here are my plans so far:
This will be a Space Pirates type game. Basically the goal is to destroy and loot other space ships.
- All Servers & Clients must be able to run smoothly on Raspberry Pis. Model B minimum OK.
- USB Joystick Support
- All functions must be able to be controlled via Keyboard without Mouse (Mouse is optional) (This includes GPIO with Keyboard emulation)
- Must be legible via Composite Video connections. 7" screens minimum OK
- DMX lighting
- Midi controls
Languages/Software (For Proof of Concept - subject to change)
- Main Screens - Python with Pi3D
- Servers - Python and/or NodeJS
- Engineering/Damage Control
- Captain (Main Screen)