slow mouse problem on client consoles

Hello,
To play EE, I bought a few pc HP 6000 and 8000 pro small format (dual core E8400, 3Ghz; 6G ramDDR3 Win 7 pro SP1). A HP 8200 Elite 3.1Ghz i3 (2nd gen, 8GBDDR3) and even a 4th generation I5, 8GB Ram DDR3) and all these pc when I launch a client (Science, Engineer, relay ...) the mouse is far behind when we use it on the console. On windows there is no problem but on the game console there is a delay and it is very annoying. Even with a medium graphics card or on i5 there is this problem. It's only with my actual pc and my big graphics card that I do not have this problem. I do not understand, I thought in this game, for the client computers there was no need for much graphics power. Could you help me?
To give you an idea with the W7 performance index, the mouse slows down with the following configs: (Cpu / Ram / Graphics / Graphics 3D / HDD games)

1. (I3 3,1Ghz 2100 8GB: 7.1 / 7.4 / 5.1 / 5.8 / 5.9)

2. (Dual core 3Ghz E8400 6GB + CGU ATI Radeon 5450 1GoDDR3 : 6.5 / 6.5 / 4.1 / 5.9 / 5.9)

3. (Prodesk 600 i5 4th Generation, 8GB: 7.6 / 7.6 / 6.6 / 6.6 / 5.9)

but I have no slowdown server or client with :

4. Core 2 quad 9450 2.66Ghz, 6GB DDR2 + AMD Radeon R7 300 CG (7.2 / 7.2 / 7.7 / 7.7 / 5.9).

Thanks for helping

Comments

• As the mouse is rendered just like everything else, are you getting a decent framerate?

Also, these units might have an intel GPU as well. The system could quite well decide to use that instead of the higher end GPU. But that shouldn't be an issue, as I ray it fine on an intel HD 3000 GPU. However, make sure the GPU drivers are up to date. Else windows can fallback tosome default windows drivers which are slower then doing the 3d rendering by a small group of trained monkeys.

Also, some machines have mouse/trackpad smoothing features enabled which does not play that well sometimes. So check that in the settings as well.

We use less capable hardware in our setup, so specs wise you are fine. But we do run linux. Less driver issues that way, single image that runs on all machines. Out of out bin of free laptops, only 2 out of the 10 had some minor issues.
  • Oh and also make sure the drivers are not forcing vsync to be on, that messes with EEs own frame limiting in a bad way.
  • Thanks for your response
    daid said:

As the mouse is rendered just like everything else, are you getting a decent framerate?

1. HP 8200 Elite ; i3-2100 3,1Ghz ; 8GoDDR3 ; CGU integrated Intel HD Graphics 2000 (2GoRam-Core848Mhz) : 7.1 / 7.4 / 5.1 / 5.8 / 5.9)

59fps

2. HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF PC ; Dual core 3Ghz ; 6GoDDR3 ; CGU integrated Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset(2,7GoRam) : 6.5 / 6.5 / 4.5 / 4.5 / 5.9)

52fps
    daid said:

However, make sure the GPU drivers are up to date. Else windows can fallback tosome default windows drivers which are slower then doing the 3d rendering by a small group of trained monkeys.

I took last drivers on Intel et HP website

1. i3 --> 26/05/2015 last up to date
    OpenGL = 3.1
    Directx = 10.1

2. Dual-core --> 11/02/2011 last up to date
    OpenGL = 2.1
    Directx = 10.0
    daid said:

Also, some machines have mouse/trackpad smoothing features enabled which does not play that well sometimes. So check that in the settings as well.

There are not laptops, only Desktops
    daid said:

Oh and also make sure the drivers are not forcing vsync to be on, that messes with EEs own frame limiting in a bad way.

As a result of this mouse problem, I installed software application "Intel Graphics media accelerator driver and media control panel" https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/images/graphics/sb/img/gmcp_3d_customsettings.jpg and inside, there is only 2 options for Vsync : "Activated" or "Application setting".
    Both of options do not change anything. And I don't know how disable vsync.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/images/graphics/sb/img/gmcp_3d_customsettings.jpg

• muerte said:

2. HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF PC ; Dual core 3Ghz ; 6GoDDR3 ; CGU integrated Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset(2,7GoRam) : 6.5 / 6.5 / 4.5 / 4.5 / 5.9)

And I try with CGU Sapphire AMD HD 5450 (6.5 / 6.5 / 4.1 / 5.9 / 5.9) instead of integrated CGU Q45/Q43 with last drivers (2015) and application Catalyst. I 've turned off Vsync and selected best performances but... there is the same slowness with mouse.
    I don't understand...
    daid said:

As the mouse is rendered just like everything else, are you getting a decent framerate?

Everything is ok except mouse latency.
  • does anyone else have slowness with the mouse? with a medium graphics card on w7? It shows even more on the scientific positions and relay. Thanks
  • I only have that issue with very old machines (running linux), there the framerates are also very low. So your combination seems quite unusual. If you have the possibility, I would suggest to try if it works on linux (live cd would also work), that may narrow down the issue.