It took me some time to bring this thing to light, but the recent rainy days motivated me to finally bring the scenario, that I have been writing over the last year, to the finishing line.So I am here to present to you: Krepios.
It is intended to be played by 5/6 players and, preferably, a GM. But can also played with 3/4 people or even solo.
My goal with this scenario was to create an open world that is semi-randomly generated, gives you freedom to choose missions you like and comes with a narrative.
You find yourself in the Krepios System, a mining sector that has seen its golden years half a century back and is now mostly abandoned. Only few miners who are too poor or too stubborn to leave are still working for the Saiku Mining Corporation (SMC) to extract the last remaining ores from the asteroid belt. Alcoholism, Poverty and Crime are a daily occurrence.
Some of the key features are:
- open world like, where you can pick missions to your liking
- you start with a weak gunboat, but can upgrade it to become a decent frigate
- trade with stations to make money or restock your weapons
- lively universe: ships around you seem to be doing stuff and talking about it
- randomized world: every playthrough will be slightly different
- english and german localization
- quality of life improvements, like a mission tracker, quick dial for Relay, presets for engineering, and lots more
- lots of descriptions and texts. Relay will not get bored.
- 4 slightly different endings – apart from you killing yourself
It takes about 2-3 hours to play it and it contains strong language, so it is not recommended for kids.
We have played it once in german with little RP elements. The english translation has been added afterwards and has not been played yet. So expect it to be clunky. If you want to help improving it, I would be happy.
Everything is over at Github
Give it a try if you like, and please give feedback. I consider updating it in the future and would really love to hear your impressions and ideas.