EE in the Cloud

edited November 2018 in EmptyEpsilon
Has anyone run a distributed crew event with the EE server hosted in the cloud?

If so, how did it go? What scenario/script did you run? How many clients were connected? What was the performance like?

The reason I'm asking is that I was thinking of conducting an experiment to do this, but thought others might have already done so.

Comments

• There is no cloud.

As for running EE trough the internet, that works, people have done it. But the code was never really designed for it.
  • hahahahahaha.... "these aren't the droids you're looking for...."

roger, copy; was weighing the possibility of organizing some distributed games; do you think it's more stable than the performance we saw when running on WiFi?
  • I can probably try and whip up a headless server of sorts myself, I can't see that there'd be a major issue with it aside from the Game Master thing. Wasn't it the case that the Game Master had be on the same server as the game?

If not should not be a problem at all.
  • So since I posted that comment above on 6 Nov, I've now joined in with the 'United Stellar Navy' server on Discord, and come to find that folks there do EE sessions over the internet all the time. There are separate rooms on that Discord server for both EE and Artemis games. So please pardon my terribly n00bish question from earlier. 8-)

In case anyone else was/is living under a rock like me, here's the Discord link to the group:
    https://discord.gg/KHBQeEU