I've been playing with a ship generator scripthttps://github.com/a1studmuffin/SpaceshipGenerator
got some interesting result in Blender and now I try to import the 3D model in EE
I've follow the 3d models guide on github https://github.com/daid/EmptyEpsilon/wiki/Adding-3D-models
but EE crash every time the ship should be visible, can't find an explicit message about
I'm totally newbie in 3D stuff...
I have many question regarding this topic
* when I export the blender result in .obj, if I follow export option from the github wiki, I don't get any texture image. else, if I tick write material and change path mode to copy, I get the texture file
What is the right way to proceed ?
* the files I get from obj export don't have the same names. for ex. I have a mytest.obj file and hull_xxxxx.png files for texture. I've tried to rename them, but no luck
Is there a hard link in the obj file to names of the png texture files ?
* in the model_data.lua file, which lines are mandatory ?
model = ModelData()
I've tried several options, EE still crashing in the main screen view
* how setScale() should be use.calculate regarding the size of the model ?
* can it be an issue about the number of polygon in the obj file ?