Here is something I'm working on with EE. Similar to previous posts about replicating our solar system.
Distance scale was an issue. I ended up having a scale for planets which was far less than distance. By increasing the ship jump and warp significantly it may help.
One of the other issues I faced was because all the planets were rotating, it would be hard to find them. Space stations would wouldn't orbit around planets so they tended to look out of place.
I'm currently experimenting with the following EE code modifications:
- Increased 3d visibility significantly
- Increased Relay range
- Added visibility around planets (using satellite function)
- Rotating space stations (works the same as planets)
- Can Dock with rotating space stations (working but has issues)
- Increased Jump distance to 500 OU
- Adjusted jump charging time and requirements.
Here's a quick video of progress so far.